Composition Forum: A journal of pedagogical theory in rhetoric and composition compositionforum.com
Composition Forum is pleased to invite applications for the position of Managing Editor. The Managing Editor will work closely with Editor Christian Weisser in all aspects of the journal. The primary responsibility of this position is to facilitate the peer-review process of scholarly articles. This includes the following activities:
- Review and screen new articles submitted for publication to determine if they fit the scope and focus of the journal
- Solicit and assign reviewers to write written evaluations of screened articles
- Evaluate reviewer feedback and decide upon accept, reject, or revise and submit status for each peer-reviewed article
- Communicate with authors regarding the status of their articles and facilitate revisions (where applicable)
- Guide accepted articles through editing and proofing to final publication, working closely with Web Editor Kevin Brock
Candidates should have an established record of scholarship in rhetoric and composition. Some editorial experience is preferred. Composition Forum welcomes individuals or teams of two editors to manage the workload—the current Managing Editors (Anis Bawarshi and Mary Jo Reiff) have worked as a team for several years. The incoming Managing Editor(s) are also encouraged to bring on Editorial Assistants (such as advanced graduate students). All positions within Composition Forum are on a volunteer basis with no monetary compensation, though editors are encouraged to secure compensation and/or release time from their universities to offset the time invested in this scholarly work.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning on June 1st. Applicants should send an email to email@example.com containing the following:
- A brief (2-3 paragraph) statement of interest, describing the applicant’s background and experience relevant to the position, as well as an overview of your “vision” or goals for the articles section of Composition Forum in the future.
- A current curriculum vita or resume
Applications will be promptly acknowledged, and finalists will interview through Skype or by phone. We hope to conclude the search in early summer 2018, allowing the new Managing Editor(s) to shadow and interact with the current editors before the Fall 2018 academic year begins.
Please direct questions or comments about the position (but not applications) to Christian Weisser at firstname.lastname@example.org